Everything You Need to Know to Set Up and Use your AntiLaser Priority Laser Jammer System

AntiLaser Priority

The AntiLaser Priority is arguably the very best laser jammer system currently available on the market. It’s offers the highest level of protection against all known lidar guns. Lots of jammers advertise that, but this one of the few that can actually jam not only the standard older lidar guns in use, but also the newest lidar guns that are designed with sophisticated anti-jamming software. Additionally, AntiLaser is very good about continuing to keep it current with firmware updates as new guns come out on the market. The update process is much better than with other jammers, the lidar heads are more sensitive than competing jammers which means they’re more forgiving to installation issues, the jammer can integrate with a number of popular radar detectors, their customer service is excellent (which is very important if you need help installing and using your jammer).

In the USA, they’re available for sale from ALPriorityUSA.com.

In Canada they’re available for sale from KMPH.ca. (Save $50 with the coupon code “VortexRadar50”)

There’s a bunch of reasons why these have become the most popular jammers on the market and the standard go-to for enthusiasts all around the world, but the main reason is that as purely a laser jammer, which is the main thing you’d need this for, it’s simply the most effective jammer out there at helping you avoid speeding tickets from police officers shooting with laser guns.

Now just because you buy the best jammer on the market does not mean that it will work when you install it. You need to keep it updated against the newest guns, you need to install it correctly so that it can do its job effectively, and you need to know how to use them so that you don’t raise the suspicion of an officer who may wonder why they can’t get your speed. (Hint: Turn your jammers off when you’re at the speed limit!)

In this guide, I’ll cover all the fundamentals you need to know about your ALP’s to make sure that you have the very best laser protection available. There’s quite a bit to cover, so I’m going to break everything up into different sections. You can read them all in order (I recommend reading everything if you’re new to this since every piece of the puzzle is important) and then skip around to the appropriate sections as needed once to review you’re familiar with everything.

Continue on to Part 1: Why Choose the AntiLaser Priority?

ALP Setup Guide Sections:

1. Why go with the AntiLaser Priority?
  2. Deciding how many heads you need
  3. Proper head placement
  4. Proper head installation
  5. Register your system
  6. Update to the latest software
  7. Configure your settings
  8. Get your setup tested
  9. How to use your jammers
  10. Installation & setup checklist

• Mike on February 8, 2016 at 6:12 pm

You reviews are the best! I watched almost all of your videos! I have a question though: what is the best location to install the Bel Sti-R Plus sensor (NOT laser jammers)? I saw some videos where people install it behind the bumper. Does it make a difference? Or putting it in the grill is miles better?

The reason I’m asking is because obviously placing the sensor behind the bumper is more stealth…
    Thank you!

1. Yeah definitely not behind the grill. The ideal location is with a clear view of the road ahead.
      Next best would be behind a flat (nor curved or angled) bumper with non-metallic paint.
      Behind the grill will affect performance quite a bit, even though it can physically see through the grill. The grill will mess up the radar waves in a negative way.

• Mike on February 8, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Wow, I did not know about the grill… Thanks a lot!
        But based on your experience, what is the performance hit of placing the sensor behind the flat bumper VS in clear view? Are we talking about 5%? 10%? 50%?

1. Yeah I saw a test done where range dropped by about 50% behind the grill while it was negligible behind the bumper.

• Paks on February 21, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Aloha, I purchased my ALP from Radar Roy a few weeks back and only got to install it today. I have the main unit, 4 sensors, blue tooth module and HIFI that’s it no radar or GPS. So I have a couple questions as I went through all the setup. So the first time I put the USB loaded with my settings I believe it loaded as the led went from a few different colors than at the end it started flashing all colors. I restarted the ALP and now after loading it goes to the blinking blue light so it’s milo her in parking sensor mode, but the HIFI voice does not come on…..? We download it but it’s not working….. I tried making different setting and reinstall the USB but now it seems as it doesn’t update to the new settings and the LED just goes into the multi color flashing once I put the USB in…… Any help on this would be helpful!!

Second question is about my Bluetooth module, when I try to connect to it, it keeps connecting and disconnecting rapidly and will not stay connected…. Help please thanks!!

1. If you need tech support with your ALP, the best person to ask would be BestRadarDetectors at rdforum.org. He’s the main ALP person.

• Paks on February 21, 2016 at 10:08 pm

awesome!! Thanks for the info ??

• JD on October 25, 2016 at 11:56 am

I saw your video on the “ALP Connect vs. HiFi Module” on Youtube. I am interested in running this unit on a motorcycle, using the Bluetooth to pair to an Android. The phone will be in my jacket with headphones running up to my helmet. I saw on your review that the iPhone will automatically silence music or navigation when the detector is triggered but you did not demonstrate a similar capability with the Android.

So if I am riding with my phone connected, listening to music or navigation, and the detector is triggered, will it mute my other apps and give me the alert?

Alternatively, if it doesn’t mute the other apps but the alert is still loud enough to hear over them, that would also be acceptable. I understand the light will be visible regardless but if I am not looking down at my instrument cluster I may or may not notice it in time.

1. From what I understand, things are different with Android not supporting HFP so it doesn’t work the same way. However, things can vary between phones and cars so the best thing to do is to download the app to your phone, connect it to your headphones, and run the demo feature in the app to see how it all works. Then you’ll find out for sure. 🙂

• Terry Phillips on December 19, 2016 at 5:37 am

I just ordered the All with 4 heads. 2014 Mustang GT. Should I put 2 on front and 2 in rear or 3 in front and 1 in rear. Will only be driving in Florida and Georgia over this install.

1. 2 heads per side, minimum, so 2 front, 2 rear. If you’re driving in GA and FL, having 3 heads up front would be highly recommended so 3 front, 2 rear.

• Terry Phillips on December 19, 2016 at 9:19 am

Sorry I of course meant the ALP system in previous question. Thanks

• Niko on January 12, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Hello in this video https://youtu.be/uBwKpOiwUq4 at minute 5:53 you say there is a MOD. I neee it. I want parksensor only and when I plug the usb stick in, i want laserjamming only.
    How does this work?
    Can I do this on the site alupdate.com?

1. You can it from the website, yes. However since then there have been some updates made available. You can now turn off your jammers at the press of a button which makes it super easy.

Also if you get the HiFi or Bluetooth module, you can create 3 different profiles and switch between them on the fly by double pressing a button on the control pad or on your phone. This way you don’t have to deal with USB drives anymore. 🙂

• Stefan on January 16, 2017 at 11:37 am

I am very new at all this, but I want to get one install on my car.
    Is the ALP a complete system or will I need a windshield mounted radar detector as well ?

• Devin Roberts on May 13, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Hey RV pretty cool and honored to be able to post here, you seem like a really cool dude and reply to people. Awesome, I don’t do the whole social media thing so this will have to do. Just wanted to say hi and thank you for the amazing infinitive things you post. I also wanted to ask a few brief questions but I don’t even have a car yet so when I do ill ask.

1. Hey what’s up? 🙂

• David Scott on October 25, 2017 at 1:14 am

Interested in a lease car option, it seems that the installations are permanent installs any quick/remove installs like a standalone radar detectors

• Dave on February 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Two questions:

1) I was quoted $700 for installation of 3 front heads with 8 hours of work in Florida. Is this fair market price?

2) I drive a large SUV with rear air suspension which is constantly adjusting the height depending on the load sensor or whatnot. Will cars/SUVS with self adjusting air suspension systems effect the laser jammer ?

1. That sounds fairly reasonable.

Your air suspension shouldn’t be an issue. 🙂

• Tore on February 23, 2018 at 5:11 am

Hi! I’m wonder how the APL kan be mounted stealthy om a bike BMW K 1600 GTL 2018 – the best mount?

1. You’ll find great suggestions and sample installs on RDF. https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/47557/

• Andres314 on May 4, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Vortex, Per my post on the youtube post – I’ve recently ordered a complete ALP package. I should have the receiver placement down but I am wondering about placement on everything else… I have a Silverado 1500 and I am wondering the placement on everything else. I ordered the ext cables for the back. I’m guessing I will place the CPU behind the dash someplace. Does the GPS unit work good? It can also go in the dash? or that needs to be mounted to the windshield? Will you please provide some insight on the rest of the placement?

• Michael on June 7, 2018 at 5:36 pm

I am having difficulty understanding the benefit of the bluetooth app.

I installed the app which is not more functional. It also has a risk of losing the bluetooth connection at an important moment and not knowing. When I disconnected the bluetooth, it appears to have rendered the ALP back to factory settings. It is a solid yellow led – not blue. Now I don’t know how to put it back in active mode.

I tried to put the thumb drive which had the profile previously used but this did nothing.

Also, it doesn’t make sense that I would purchase the hifi speaker and updated control pad if I were planning to use the app. It also doesn’t make sense that I would use the map feature or have the app open while driving especially if I am using Waze.

Can you help shed some light? Tips? New Tutorial?

1. Connecting to or disconnecting from Bluetooth doesn’t change settings. Yellow means it detects laser, but it doesn’t jam. Doublecheck your settings to see if you don’t have anything set to disable your jammers at low speed or if you’re switched to a different profile.

Bluetooth otherwise is very helpful. Easier to change settings in the car, firmware updates through your phone, audio alerts through your car stereo, visual alerts, and so on.

I like both BT and Hifi. I use HiFi day to day and when I need to update the jammer or change settings, I pull out the phone and connect as needed. Once I’m done I close the app and disconnect.

• Michael on June 8, 2018 at 7:52 pm

I was told that the newest TX sensor could not be installed on my Porsche 911 (991) because it needs 20 inches clearance from the ground. What do I really miss out on by not being able to have the TX sensor? Can it still jam Dragon-eye?

Also, I have been having a problem with the sensor sticking – they fell off and we’re hanging by a wire. (They were mounted by using adhesive.) Is there a better or recommended way to mount them? Do most people have them screwed in?

1. Yeah, so going for 3 normal heads would be the way to go on you vehicle. The sensors ship with metal mounting brackets you can attach to your vehicle. It works better than sticky tape.