Uniden just released firmware 1.53 for the Uniden R1 and Uniden R3. This is a small update that improves MRCD detection, changes how speed camera overspeed alert show up, and improves the responsiveness of the detector’s interface. This update adds some changes first brought over to the Uniden R7 with fw 1.29.
Let’s cover all the new changes and then go over how to update.
There are several nice improvements to MRCD detection and alerts with 1.53.
- MRCD detection range and false alert filtering have been improved
- MRCD alerts always have priority over other radar alerts (X, K, Ka), even when Ka Priority is on
- MRCD alerts are no longer muted by Quiet Ride (since MRCD is often used on city streets)
Speed Camera Overspeed Alert Improvements (R3 only)
- Alternates Overspeed alert (POI limit speed alarm) and Radar alert when Overspeed alert and radar alert are detected at the same time
- Overspeed alert for 1.5 seconds
Button Presses are Now More Responsive
- Press “Mute/Dim” button for 0.5 seconds during standby mode to enter dim mode (previously was 1.0 sec)
- Shorten display change time from 3 sec to 2 sec when changing display brightness and detection modes
How to Update your R1 or R3 to 1.53
Here’s direct links to save you some time:
These downloads come with Windows (not Mac) update software.
If it’s your first time updating on Windows, be sure to first download and install the Windows drivers.
If you’re a Mac user, Uniden doesn’t have 1.53 packaged with the Mac update software. I’m not sure why because you can download firmware 1.48 that comes packaged with the Mac update software and use that to install 1.53 linked above.
- Download Mac Update software (with fw 1.48) and Mac drivers
- Download Uniden R3 firmware 1.53
- Download Uniden R1 firmware 1.53
If you need help installing these updates, this tutorial will walk you through how to update.
|This website contains affiliate links. |
Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.