Uniden R1 & R3 Firmware 1.48 Released

Uniden just released firmware 1.48 for the Uniden R1 and the Uniden R3.

Download firmware 1.48 here.

1.48 brings several changes to help with K band reactivity, laser falses, and detecting multiple signals.

Improvements with 1.48

Improvements to K Band Reactivity against Quick Trigger

Firmware 1.46 introduced a pretty heavy delay against K band with TSF enabled. This delay has been removed so the detector is now very responsive to K band once again, even with TSF enabled.

TSF has also been been improved in general to further help cut down on false alerts from traffic sensors. I don’t know if this also has any unintentional side-effects of helping cut down on BSM falses. There are no changes to BSM filtering otherwise with 1.48.

On a related note, they’ve also improved the K band reactivity delays when MRCD detection is enabled. The detector is now more responsive to K band QT even when MRCD is turned on.

Improved Laser False Filtering

1.48 helps reduce false alerts on laser. I have still seen some false laser alerts when beta testing so it’s not a complete fix, but it should help cut them down.

Improvements when Detecting Multiple Signals

With firmware 1.48, the detector now remembers if it had previously alerted to a signal before and prevents the detector from switching back and forth between signals.

How to Download and Install Firmware 1.48

Click here to download firmware 1.48 from Uniden’s website.

Scroll down and click on the gray “Firmware” button.

You’ll then find links to download 1.48 for the R1 or the R3.

Note: If you’re running a Mac, scroll down to download the Mac update software separately if you don’t already have it. The link for the Mac software currently still comes with 1.46, so you can download 1.48 separately and use it with the software no problem.

Alternatively, here are direct links to download Firmware 1.48 for both Windows and Mac users. (These links include 1.48 for both the R1 and R3. Use only the ones you need.)

Download Firmware 1.48 for the Uniden R1 & R3 for Windows

Download Firmware 1.48 for the Uniden R1 & R3 for Mac

If you need more help with the install, check out my tutorials:

This website contains affiliate links.

Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.

• Ash mahmood on January 24, 2019 at 3:18 am

Hi how you doing I’m in uk England and have r1 please can you let me know how to set the r1? Please can you do video for us in uk aswell thanks ash

1. Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what’s best outside of North America. https://www.vortexradar.com/2017/07/using-american-radar-detectors-around-the-world/ Please ask on the International section of RDF to get better information from others in your area. https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?forums/35/

• Julian on January 26, 2019 at 3:17 am

I can’t get the Uniden download tool 1.1 on my mac to detect my radar detector. I have the latest data cable, latest mac OS, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1. Do you have the driver installed?

• Julian on January 26, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Yes, I installed the drivers first.

1. I’m not sure then. Drivers, cable, software, latest OS X, and plug it in, and it should work. You can always hop onto the forums for further troubleshooting.

• Julian on January 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Thank you for your response. I just used Parallels and Windows and it worked with no problem with the latest download tool and firmware. I wish it worked the same on my (2017) iMac.

• Michael Whitaker on January 26, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I’m still running the original firmware 1.26 on my R3. Am I going to have to install all of the previous updates before I can install this latest one? I’m using a Mac, but have access to a PC.

1. Nope, you can jump right to any version you want.

• Ron on January 31, 2019 at 9:03 am

Hi Vortex I wanted your opinion on this latest update. I am experiencing K alerts where it doesn’t ramp up but jumps right to 2 bar warning. I tested at several known sources and was the same. I switched back to firmware 137 and it ramps up normally starting with one beep and ramping up.
    I also forgot to mention that I played with settings TSF and K filter etc to see if that had any effect and that was a negative.
    Not sure if they are tweeking the new stuff and forgetting to check how it affects ramp up..Thanks for your work!

• Jmarquez on January 31, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Computer is not recognizing radar thinking its the USB cable? Also when i try to open the firmware my computer says its unsafe doesn’t allow me…help…1.37 here in Connecticut

1. For tech support, your best bet is to hop onto the forums. https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?forums/169/

• Leonard on February 1, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Just found your website. It is really great. Your videos are very simple, clear and thorough. Great job.

Question1: I just purchased the Uniden R3. However, I see that the R7 is due out in March or April (??). I am thinking about returning my R3 and waiting for the R7. What are your thoughts?

Question2: Any better update on when the R7 will be released?

Question3: Where can I find the settings you have for your R3 that you mention in your video?

Again, great job.

Leonard

• Doug on February 8, 2019 at 6:09 am

I have made a custom mirror mount to fit on my Corvette with the R3. Will an R3 mount fit the R7?

1. We don’t know yet. The mount should be slightly different, but we’ll have to see once the units start showing up.