The Beltronics GT-360 is the first new radar detector from Beltronics in a while. It’s essentially a repackaged Escort Max360, with a few changes, designed exclusively for Beach Camera / BuyDig. Here’s the video review:
Since it’s essentially a Max360, the GT-360 has things like autolockouts, Escort Live compatibility, arrows, and all the usual Max360 stuff.
Beltronics GT-360 vs. Escort Max360
Here’s the main differences I noticed compared to the Max360:
- Beltronics black/orange design
- Arrows are in the OLED display itself now
- Arrows are tiny, more cramped, and harder to read
- Arrows are always white and can’t be customized by color
- Arrows are less accurate than the Max360/Max360c
- No Standard Plus audio alert tone to notify you when you detect a new bogey
- K / Ka Band Segmentation (for muting only, like the 360c, not for adjusting sweeps or performance)
- EZ mag magnetic mount like the Max360c, Redline EX, and iX
- Retails for $549 instead of $649 for the Max360 (though the Max360 can often be found for less)
- Update: Now available for $299 as of July ’18 (the price has been steadily dropping)
- OLED display is more flush with the front of the detector so it’s more easily washed out in the sun
- Orange bezel around display is very shiny and reflects sunlight into your eyes
Personally I don’t like it. It’s my least favorite of the three Belscort M6’s (Max series detectors with arrows).
If you’re in the market for one of these detectors, I think the Max360 is the best deal since not only is it better than the GT-360, but it is regularly discounted to a similar price. Click here to find out the current price for the Max360.
If you prefer the GT-360 and its design though, you can buy one here.
Beltronics GT-360 Photos
Finally, here’s a few photos of the GT-360.
It’s cool to finally see another detector coming out of Beltronics, but I think this is one to pass on.