Today at CES, Uniden announced the new Uniden R8 radar detector. I’ve been daily’ing it for the past few months and I’ve been liking it overall. My full review is coming, but let’s take a quick look at the R8, especially including its new improvements over the R7.
When the R8 goes on sale later this year, it’ll be a very strong contender for best radar detector on the market.
The R8 is essentially a redesigned R7 with dual LNA’s for longer range, a front facing mute button, Bluetooth, and the same hardware and software improvements added from the R3 to the R4.
Uniden R8 changes over the Uniden R7
- Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA’s) for improved sensitivity and longer range
- Redesigned case
- Front facing mute and mark buttons
- Laser gun ID
- Auto mode (automatically varies sensitivity based on speed)
- Support for Gatso RT3 & RT4 photo radar detection
- Bluetooth for changing settings via upcoming phone app
- Wired remote control integration
- Upgraded power cable
- Supports Uniden’s upcoming laser jammers
- Additional new display mode #3
The Uniden R8 will retail for $699 and will be available for purchase later this year.
Full review still to come. 🙂
|This website contains affiliate links. |
Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.