fbpx

Uniden R1 / R3 Firmware 1.54

Uniden has released firmware 1.54 for both the Uniden R1 and Uniden R3.

Uniden R3 fw 1.54

This is a minor update that gives you a little more customization for MRCD alerts. Long range performance, BSM filtering, and MRCD detection performance itself is unchanged compared to 1.53.

Download 1.54 for the R3 here.

Download 1.54 for the R1 here.

MRCD Quiet Ride

There is now a new menu option called “Q-Ride MRCD” that allows you to get low speed muting for MRCD alerts, independent of low speed muting for traditional radar alerts.

MRCD Alert Priority

There are now new options to control the alert priority when you’re seeing multiple different signals. Here is how signals are prioritized with the different menu options:

• Ka/MRCD Priority:  Ka -> MRCD -> The strongest X/K radar signal
  • MRCD/Ka Priority:  MRCD -> Ka -> The strongest X/K radar signal
  • Signal Priority:  MRCD -> The strongest X/K/Ka radar signal

How to Update

To update your detector, you can download 1.54 for the R1 here and you can download 1.54 for the R3 here.

If you need help updating, check out this tutorial explaining how to update your R1 or R3.

Finally, if you still need to purchase your detector, you can purchase the R1 here and you can purchase the R3 here.

This website contains affiliate links.

Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.vortexradar.com/2020/10/uniden-r1-r3-fw-154/

• Steve Day on November 12, 2020 at 8:37 am

Apologies if I missed it elsewhere, but Uniden appears to have packaged an obsolete Red Light Camera database with the new firmware. Their last DB update was dated 6 Oct 20. The one packaged with FW v1.54 is from 6 Apr 20. I, therefore, loaded the new FW (v1.54) and, then, reloaded the 6 Oct 20 DB. Did anyone else notice this?

• Walter S Mondschein on November 12, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Hello;

This detector is new to me and I downloaded the latest posted files just 3 days ago. I’ve since downloaded the “older” DB file.

Thank you for noticing and posting.

• Allan on November 16, 2020 at 2:50 pm

@Steve Day: Excellent observation and much appreciated posting! Gold star for you sir!!

• Josh Machine on December 5, 2020 at 11:54 am

Thank you very much for all the detailed information you have meticulously provided. I just updated the firmware and programmed my new R3 as per your recommended settings.
    This is the only sire anyone needs to do research on all the things mentioned here. Amazing!!!

• Paul on March 10, 2021 at 11:10 am

Hi,
    As always, thank you very much for these posts.
    I own a Uniden R3 and I’ve just updated the Firmware to ver. 1.54.
    The thing is that I’ve realized that I never installed the previous one (ver. 1.53).
    Therefore, the question would be: are the Firmware updates cumulative or should I also install ver. 1.53 and afterwards again ver. 1.54?
    Thank you very much in advance for your help.

• Steve Day on March 10, 2021 at 12:14 pm

AFAIK, firmware updates are cumulative. You shouldn’t have to sequentially step thru them.

• Paul on March 10, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Thank you Steve for your prompt answer!