The Radenso Pro M, one of my favorite windshield mount radar detectors thanks to its excellent false alert filtering, compact size, and continual updates based on customer feedback, just received a new firmware update. Firmware US 13 is now available and it addresses some of my biggest annoyances with the detector, making it an even better radar detector to use day to day.
US 13 New Features
- “Radenso Pro M” logo is now displayed at bootup
- Ka band segmentation! Select “Ka Narrow” and you will have individual options to turn on/off 33.8, 34.3, 34.7 and 35.5. (Great way to cut out 34.3 falses, for example.)
- 3 button mute. During an alert, if you do a single press of any button on top of the Pro M, it will mute the alert.
- Ka band low speed muting. Ka band will alert with one single beep when under AutoCity speed.
- GPS lockout window has been extended to 3 seconds after the alert ends. This way you can still lock out a brief false even if it just disappeared.
- Ka band sound has been improved to have higher pitch.
- K band sound had been improved to have lower pitch.
- K and Ka band sounds are now balanced in volume and “attention grabbing.”
US 13 Improvements
- “False alert area added” voice alert and “Ka radar alert” volume has been increased.
- If brightness setting is anything but “Bright,” you will always start scrolling through the options with Bright.
- Auto City mode and minimal speed for radar alert no longer mutes laser alert.
For more information about US 13 or if you have any questions about the update, visit the US 13 discussion thread on RDF.
Note: US 14 was released soon after and only changes some of the factory default settings. Otherwise US 13 and US 14 are identical.